Sanyo Katana DLX cell phone
Recognizing that customers want instant wireless connectivity without sacrificing fashion, Sprint and Sanyo announce the availability of the Sprint Power Vision Phone Katana DLX by Sanyo. Operating on the Sprint Mobile Broadband network, Katana DLX by Sanyo provides easy access to Sprint's exclusive multimedia content, including the Sprint Music Store. The Sprint Music Store provides customers with quick over-the-air song downloads for just 99 cents each with a Power Vision data pack.
Sanyo Katana DLX & Katana II
At a new lower price of $29.99, the Sprint Vision Phone Katana II by Sanyo offers more total download capacity (21MB) than its very popular predecessor, Katana by Sanyo, which debuted last year. This improvement significantly increases the device's capacity for games, ring tones, applications and more. Katana II by Sanyo runs on the Sprint Vision network and features a VGA camera, voice SMS and Sprint Mobile Email allowing users to access their email from popular providers simply by entering their username and password with no downloads required.
Katana mobile phones
Both devices retain the thin profile introduced on the original Katana phone updated with a new luxurious finish. Katana DLX by Sanyo is available in Platinum Ice, Champagne and Pink Satin. Katana II by Sanyo is available in Cosmic Black, Pink Fascination and Midnight Steel. Features shared by both Katana II by Sanyo and Katana DLX by Sanyo include power save mode, phone as modem, Bluetooth wireless technology, wireless backup for easily restoring contact information if the phone is ever lost, stolen or damaged and a large QVGA main display. Both devices are GPS-enabled supporting Sprint Navigation, powered by TeleNav, with turn-by-turn driving directions and more than 10 million business listings.
Sanyo Katana DLC - Multimedia content
Sanyo Katana DLX offers a 1.3 MP camera and a microSD card slot that supports 4GB microSDHC cards that can hold up to 4,000 songs. It also provides quick and easy access to multimedia content including:
• Sprint Music Store, powered by Groove Mobile, which allows users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone from a selection of more than 1.6 million songs.
• Sprint TV with more than 50 channels of live television and on-demand video
• More than a dozen streaming radio applications, including Sprint Radio and SIRIUS.
• Sprint Power View, the industry's first made-for-mobile sports and entertainment video programming network.
• On-Demand with up-to-date information on sports, weather, news, money and more customized to the user's zip code.
• "We have sold millions of the fashionable Katana handset since its debut last summer," said Danny Bowman, vice president of Customer Equipment at Sprint. "Sprint is focused on listening to the needs of our customers so we updated the original model with more memory and improved features while also adding a step-up version that offers industry-leading music and video capabilities on our high speed network. We are confident that customers will appreciate the enhancements evident on both Sanyo Katana II and Katana DLX."
Sanyo Katana cell phones
"Sanyo's legendary Katana phone set the standard for style, function and features," said Atsushi (Andy) Kodera, senior vice president and general manager of Sanyo Fisher Company's Wireless Communications Division. "The large, bright screens of these new Katanas are ideal for easy viewing while texting, gaming or using productivity applications such as Sprint Navigation. The thin profile allows the user to easily slip the phone in a pocket or purse while the new finish and exciting new colors make a fashion statement."
Sanyo Katana DLX & Katana II Price & Availability
Both Sanyo Katana DLX by Sanyo and Katana II by Sanyo are available in all Sprint retail channels and 1-800-SPRINT. Katana II by Sanyo is priced at just $29.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement and $50 mail-in rebate. Katana DLX by Sanyo is priced at $129.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement and a $50 mail-in rebate. Standard Vision rates apply for music and other content downloads.