Kingston DataTraveler HyperX
Kingston announced it is expanding its line of USB Flash drives with the introduction of the Kingston DataTraveler HyperX model. Designed for ultra-fast read/write speeds and lower price points, respectively, the Kingston HyperX drive is available in capacities up to 8GB. "Taking its cue from our HyperX line of industry-setting high-speed memory modules for gamers, enthusiasts and overclockers, the Kingston DataTraveler HyperX offers exceptionally fast read and write speeds," said Joe Teng, Flash memory product manager, Kingston. The new Kingston DT HyperX USB drive is backed by a five-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support. Prices: $74.00 for 2GB up to $266.00 for the Kingston HyperX 8GB model.
Kingston HyperX drive - Data transfer
The Kingston HyperX has data transfer rates of 30MB/sec. read and 20MB/sec. write, offering consumers a powerful, portable Flash storage solution. Designed to run on any Windows platform but specifically enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost on Vista based systems, users can expect to quickly and easily transfer photos, videos, music and data to their desktop, notebook or a fellow enthusiast's system.
Kingston DataTraveler HyperX features
• Capacities: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB
• Dimensions: 2.76" x 0.88" x 0.44" (70.0mm x 22.4mm x 11.3mm)
• Speed Rating: data transfer rates of 30MB/sec. read and 20MB/sec. write
• Enhanced: for Windows ReadyBoost on Vista-based systems
• Compatible Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Windows XP
• Other OS: Mac OS (10.2x and higher), Linux (2.6 and higher)
• Easy: plug and play
• Guaranteed: five-year warranty