Panasonic Full HD camcorders
Panasonic introduces new full High Definition (HD) camcorders to its 2010 line, which includes three compact and stylish models, the HDC-HS60, HDC-TM55, HDC-SD60 - perfect for users wanting portability, without sacrificing HD quality. All new Panasonic HD camcorders feature a 35.7mm wide-angle lens, ideal for capturing a variety of different shooting situations, such as self-portraits, indoor group shots and outdoor landscapes. Panasonic’s three lightweight and stylish introductory HD camcorder models, the Panasonic HDC-HS60, HDC-TM55 and HDC-SD60 may be ultra-compact in size, but these models all feature a powerful 25x optical zoom.
Panasonic HD camcorders
And with Panasonic’s new Intelligent Zoom feature, the new Panasonic HD camcorders can extend to a 35x zoom. Intelligent Zoom corrects image degradation in ordinary digital zooming to deliver stunningly clear HD quality, even with the zoom fully extended. "Consumer demand for High Definition camcorders continues to grow, so Panasonic’s 2010 line of camcorders introduces some models intended for users new to Panasonic SDX camcorders - so they are small, compact and easy-to-use," said Chuck Kirkman, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronic Company. "The Panasonic HS60, TM55 and SD60 are intuitive camcorders that deliver full High Definition video that users will be proud to show their friends and family, either from a computer or a High Defintion television."
Panasonic camcorders feature an iA mode
All three new models expand Panasonic’s iA (Intelligent Auto) with the addition of Face Recognition, a feature that lets the user register up to six faces and the camcorder will then automatically prioritize focus and exposure on the registered face. In addition, the focus continues to track the subject as the person moves anywhere within the LCD frame, making it easy to focus on a specified person in a group. Other iA features include: AF/AE Tracking, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent Contrast Control, Face Detection and Power O.I.S. Power OIS is new to the 2010 line of HD camcorder with approximately five times the corrective power of previous versions and helps suppress blurring from low-frequency vibration. Also, all models feature Active mode in Power O.I.S. which minimizes the blurring while the user is moving and walking.
Panasonic SDXC camcorders use SDHC memory cards
All Panasonic camcorders record content to SDHC/SD Memory Cards and the new SDXC Memory Cards, including Panasonic’s newly announced 64 GB SDXC Memory Card - to enable high capacity content storage and fast data transfer speeds. The hybrid Panasonic HS60 camcorder can also record data onto its large 120 GB Hard Disk Drives (HDD) and can copy recorded video from a card to the HDD, or vice versa, with a simple one-touch operation. The Twin Memory version, the Panasonic HDC-TM55, records to its 8 GB built-in memory and the Panasonic SD60, recording to memory card only, is highly resistant to impacts since it has no drive mechanism.
Panasonic HD camcorder features
Other features included on the 2010 Panasonic HD Camcorder line:
• Eco Mode: Automatically turns off the power when the camcorder is not operated for five minutes, reducing wasteful energy use and saving battery power.
• Wind Noise Canceller: New feature that automatically detects and suppresses wind noise to help ensure natural sounds with lifelike ambience.
• Touch-Screen Operation: Touch-screen icons lets users operate a variety of functions intuitively without taking their eyes off of the subject they are recording.
• Auto Power LCD: Automatically adjusts the brightness of the LCD screen according to the shooting environment. In dark places, the screen brightness is reduced to 1/3 the normal level. In bright outdoor places, the screen brightness is double.
• VIERA Link: Connect a Panasonic HD Camcorder to a Panasonic VIERA HDTV via an HDMI mini cable, and operate the camcorder using the TV’s remote control and follow on-screen prompts.
Panasonic HD camcorders price & availability
Pricing and availability for the Panasonic HDC-HS60, HDC-TM55, HDC-SD60 High Definition camcorders will be announced 30 days prior to shipping date. All models will be available in black.